Missione - Mission
Genexpress hosts and promotes research activity and projects of genomics, post genomics and phenomics with particular attention to applications in agriculture and environment.
Genexpress' research is divided into the following topics:
- Phenomics analysis of microorganisms
- Genomics and functional genomics of plant species, population genetics and biodiversity
- Genomics of microorganisms of environmental and agricultural interest
- Molecular biology and genomics of plant pathogens
- Structural biology and proteomics
- Computational biology and bioinformatics
Genexpress represents in Europe the leading laboratory for the application of Phenotype MicroArray (PM) to the characterization of microorganisms. The ability of PM to test hundreds to thousands of cellular phenotypes in a single experiment has opened up new doors of investigation and exploration and led to important discoveries in different applications of microbiological research and development. In 2008 and 2010 the International “Florence conference on phenotype microarray analysis of microorganisms: the environment, agriculture, and human health” was organized by Genexpress researchers to deepen the potentiality of this technology.
On the basis of specific research projects supervised by a scientific board researchers, technicians, post-docs, Ph.D. students and a small number of undergraduate students can join Genexpres.
Guest researchers and foreign students are equally welcome to Genexpress Lab in the frame of international programs.